(To light one electric candle, 10 cents/2 candles=20 cents/4 candles=50 cents/8 candles=1 euro)
Pink door--why not?
Trevor thought this was HILARIOUS. This bar on the beach called "Bubba's"--so funny. Here in Kentucky, "Bubba" is a term of endearment.
I don't know if this is how other taxis are in other parts of Europe--but in Portugal they are butter-yellow and mostly mercedes. Wanna ride?
Street musicians...
The meats hanging up in the "talhos"---this is something that is never easy for an American to get used to. We like our stuff packaged up!
This is a public place to wash your clothes/rugs/blankets:
We had to look twice & then we confirmed--flying here is a communist flag:
That's all for today's episode of "Through Our (American Eyes)"...join us next time...
1.22.2008
Through *OUR* (American) Eyes
I loooove these buildings along the riverfront--it was a shock to Trevor the whole time (and I remember my shock when I first saw them) to see people's clothes hanging outside their balconies...



Ok I just love this picture. I didn't know where else to put it in on all the posts so I'm adding it here. Doesn't it just tell a story all by itself? Sweetness.
This is actually a vehicle that is driven on the streets. I don't think they're allowed on the highways...
WOW. Mango yellow! (This was in the algarve where you can get away with any color house & that ornate chimney you see is typical of this region only)
Ok--I have no idea what this is. Trevor thought it was hilarious. It's a camping store...?...
Of course Trevor had to take this picture. This is in a hotel we stayed at. (The bidet is the item of interest, if you weren't sure why he took this picture)
Again...love the tall buildings with the clothes hanging outside--
This is a hearse. Yes, you can see through it.
On the street fish market OR in a shopping center--this is how your fish & such are layed out for your veiwing (and smelling) pleasure. Eel, anyone??
We thought this was interesting. This was in the main chapel at Bom Jesus in Braga.
No comments:
Post a Comment