My pictures of Gaia do not really do the city justice, nor do they show very much of the city at all--mostly places that were most familiar to me. I was transferred from Valadares to Gaia at the end of February 2003 and stayed there (except for a few weeks adventure in Porto) until I left Portugal in January 2004. It is hard to describe what this place (and the people) mean to me--really just a "home away from home", I suppose!
Here I am at my old apartment building:

The street outside the praceta where the apartment is:

The "talho" (meat store?) that my companions & I had to pass every day when we left our apartment...

The sign on the church building:
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Visitors Welcome."

The Gaia ward building:

Around Gaia (more towards the riverfront)...
1 comment:
Okay, how did I not realize that you were in Gaia for so long? You got transfered there when I was in Senhora da Hora ... stayed there when I opened and then close Ovar for sisters with Sandra ... and stayed there again when I went to the assistants area in Rio Tinto with Dana Peay ... and were still there when I went home. What on earth?! :)
Post a Comment