We (Baby J & I) returned home from our UT 'spring break getaway' at 1am this morning. We both slept in and have enjoyed naps today. *happy smile*
We (Trevor & I) cannot believe today is May 1st.
We have been saying "not until May"..."yup, it will be in May"..."we have until May"..."X months until May"...ever since last year when our next big adventure was decidedly going to happen.
So, to clarifiy any confusion and to get it all out on the table, on this FIRST day of MAY--here we go, interview style*:
When does Trevor graduate?
Graduation is May 8th (one week from tomorrow!!)
I thought he just graduated?
That is true, last May at this same time he graduated with his Bachelor's degree
What did he study, again?
His field of study is Occupational Safety & Health (yes, 'OSHA stuff') and his emphasis is in Industrial Hygiene
What does Industrial Hygiene mean--keeping workers' hands washed??
Hmmm. Kind of.
Here's the technical definition: Science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, prevention, and control of those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace which may cause sickness, impaired health and well being, or significant discomfort among workers or among citizens of the community.
Here's the basic definition: Industrial hygienists are scientists and engineers committed to protecting the health and safety of people in the workplace and the community.
What degrees will he have, then?
Ok, this is the final rundown:
Associates degree: Aviation Science
Bachelor's degree: Occupational Safety & Health
Master's degree: Occupational Safety & Health, Emphasis: Industrial Hygiene
Why are you moving to Minnesota?
Actually, it's Wisconsin (close, though!)
And we are moving there for a job! (*wild, ecstatic cheering*)
What company will he be working for?
Liberty Mutual
What? Insurance?
Yes, Insurance. He will be a 'loss prevention consultant' for the insurance company. Basically, he will be consulting with companies who have insurance through L.M. on the safety of their facilities and advising them on their safety training. As they comply with Trevor's advice, L.M. can offer a more concise insurance plan for said company.
When will the real job start?
Right, so we will only be in WISCONSIN for 3-6 months. It is on-the-job training, but is just like 'the real job' in that he will be getting paid, we get insurance, etc.
When is the BIG MOVE?
We plan to pull out of our driveway on the 26th of this month
How will you do it?
Great question. We need to firm up the details, but the plan is to rent a moving van for all of our stuff, and pull my car behind it...not sure yet about Trevor's car...Like I said, we still have some details to work through. Any suggestions/ideas from you veteran movers is DEFINITELY APPRECIATED!
How many hours away is it from here?
11 hours from our current residence
When will you know where you go next?
Not sure yet. After the 3-6 months we'll be heading somewhere else. It depends on what offices have openings...it could be anywhere, really.
Is there a place you have in mind to go?
Yes, there is an office in Middle Tennessee that we are very interested in. If we don't get to go there immediately after Wisconsin, our current idea is to go *wherever* and then wait for it to open up and transfer there.
Do you plan to stay with this company long term?
Who knows? For now we are thinking 3-5 years at least. We are just grateful for a job in the current economy.
What is the general feeling about all of it?
Bittersweet.
Bitter--it has been amazing to live so close to members of both of our families (and really, ALL of Trevor's family!) and to make so many dear friends here. We will miss them and the memories we made here!
Sweet--it will be amazing to experience a new place and make new friends, we will always have a *special place* in Kentucky since we will always be connected to family here--so it's not like we will never be back! We are excited to go onto *the next big thing*!
Now onto the most important question, when will Baby J turn 1 year old?
It is totally crazy, but he will be a year old on JUNE 14th. I have no idea how that is even possible. He will have his 1st birthday in Wisconsin!
*This blog post idea was completely & totally taken (with permission) from Janae's blog, go here if you want to see her interview details.
10 comments:
That was a GREAT INTERVIEW! you answered all my questions...except this one...
WHEN ARE YOU PUTTING UP A NEW HEADER PICTURE ON THIS BLOG!?
and I am also wondering how, or IF we will actually figure out a way to see you one more time. I am thinking...well, maybe not. Trevor Graduating, Spencer graduating, Dad having just ONE week to do some BIG work, then ..we leave for a trip, and by the time we get back YOU will be GONE. ouch.
I haven't unpacked all the way from our last trip. Not good.
We are BIG fans of ABF (also known as U-Pack) if that would even be an option for you. You might want to check it out just in case. I've used it, my sister has, and my brother has twice. We are doing the relocubes this time (we did the truck before) simply so we can store our stuff for a couple months until we find a permanent job.
I loved the interview - very exciting!
Wow. I am really happy for you guys although moving with a baby can't be easy! I bet Janae and Stephanie will have good tips for moving with babies. I hope you guys end up out west. It would be fun to have you around here. :)
Thanks for the update! How exciting- all these new changes. I love your new picture of you and the baby- so precious!
So... we will still be in Wisconsin when y'all come through. Let me know if you want to stop over one night. Rob says he thinks you'll be going a different way though. Here's the really NEAT part. You get to experience Spring TWICE this year. Our grass just turned green and things are thinking about coming up. So I'm sure Wasau is a couple of weeks behind us since they are 3 hours north. :)
Did Linz take your blog header pic?
Good luck with all the moving preparations. I know that moving can be a stressful time!
But what an exciting chapter to be starting together. The "we're done being students and can finally feel like real grown ups" chapter. ;-)
As far as where you guys end up permenantly, I think you should seriously consider Washington state. I'm sure your families will be praying for Tennessee, but I'll just have you know that I'll be cancelling out all their prayers with my prayers that you'll end up in the Pacific Northwest!!!!
I'm with Janae. I was going to suggest ABF (www.upack.com). We used it for our move to Texas. You pack the truck and then they drive it. That way you and Trevor can drive both of your cars yourself and not have to worry about driving a huge truck with a tow. Jason and I did that when we moved from California to Utah and it was a little nerve-wracking. Anyway, good luck with all of your upcoming adventures and congrats to Trevor!
HELLO JOLIE! you know you are one of my very favorites...just know that..um..well, anyway how far are you away from YOUR MOM??? Shara knows that my prayers will mostly be that they will be wherever the Lord wants them. If that is within a half day's drive of me, I will be thrilled of course! So, don't you be trying to cancel out my prayers! How IS your mom by the way?
Shara, that picture of you and Baby J. is absolutely beautiful! You can even see his precious eyelashes!!! The colors of your shirts worked extremely well together, too. You look better every time I see you/see a picture of you. I don't know if it's motherhood or change upon which you thrive, but I'm going to vote for the former! ;) If I can bring lunch by one day & help you pack, please let me know!
How exciting! I too love the picture of you and Baby J. Your eye shadow is fab! Good luck with the drama of moving. Not fun. Miss you love you.
Post a Comment