She knows what it's all about.
Christmas in Tennessee is tender.
Though it doesn't mean we're 'walking in a winter wonderland', it does mean 'there's no place like home for the holidays' and we are 'rockin' around the Christmas tree'--because we are all together.
ALL of us. All 4 grown children, all 2 fabulous sis-in-laws, 1 awesome son-in-law (yes, I'm especially partial to him), 2 incredible grandparents, and 2 darling grandsons (and I'm also especially partial to one of those as well).
As you can see, we are having a blast--blowing our horns included:
A few things we have been up to...
eating good food, making yummy chocolate treats, learning how to incorporate wheat in any meal, helping to clean up, playing games, making the baby laugh, singing with the almost-3-year-old, sharing memories, being corrected on our memories, laughing about our memories, watching family home videos, insisting that we watch The Grinch (especially for the 2 who had never seen it), playing more games, eating more food, taking naps, working on outside projects, working on inside projects, taking pictures, deleting pictures, taking more pictures, trying to talk as if we have no teeth, playing Catch Phrase while pretending to have no teeth, laughing hysterically while playing Catch Phrase + no teeth, giving gifts, opening presents, believing in Santa, organizing our shower schedule, going shoe shopping, going geocaching, re-building the tree house outside, going to the drive-in movie, going to church together, taking Sunday afternoon naps, having a waffle breakfast,
listening to Swedish Christmas carols, acting out the Christmas story
more delicious meals, more chocolatey treats,
more games, more laughing, more memories shared...
9 comments:
So much fun! Keep enjoying every minute of it! I chuckled at "pretending to have no teeth" and "playing catch phrase + no teeth" Why's everybody making fun of Jackson for having no teeth?!!! j/k :)
Love that first pic with Jackson's blue blue eyes! What a cutie. Looks like a great holiday!!
Great post! Love the family pictures!
LOVE the pics of your family!! It's so funny, but your parents look exactly how I remember them in Tullahoma, which was forever ago...maybe with a little more gray hair though! Fun!
Yea for Tennessee Christmases! I've never had one for myself, but judging by your pix & descriptions, I think I need to get myself one. Very soon.
I'm so glad the WHOLE clan could be together. It's so rare when that happens, so I'm glad you guys really lived it up. No teeth and all. :)
I LOVE THOSE FAMILY PICS. You guys are a good looking bunch. I wish I could have popped in for a short visit.
Aunt Bonnie
PS I remember that swing set from our visit there. I think we have a picture of you and LeeAnn (then age 2) on it.
If I remember correctly, our Tennessee Christmases included monopoly and uno. Miss those alot!!!!
What a FANTASTIC holiday! I too am so glad you could spend so much time with family, and it looks like you're relishing it to the fullest!!
Is that really your parent's backyard with the slide? Their looks huge!!
I LOVE that song. And, I totally get it. And after years of praying for snow in Tennessee every Christmas, I'm happy that we won't have any from now on. :)
Post a Comment